Elevating and activating agents of change.
Since 1995, The Brotherhood Sister Sol (BroSis) has been fighting to advance social justice — from racial to economic to educational and environmental — by training young people to be agents of positive change in their communities and in their own lives.
- We’ve developed over 5,000 young agents of change
- We’ve trained nearly 3,000 educators at more than 250 organizations and schools across the nation and around the world
- Our leadership and members have spoken out on over 100 national broadcasts on social justice issues
- 95% of BroSis program participants aged 18-25 are working full time or in college
- Our alumni members, known collectively as The Peace Poets, wrote the mantra of the “I Can’t Breathe” movement
- Our 20/20 Campaign is working to quadruple the numbers of student support staff and appropriately increase the budget for NYC public schools.
BroSis youth are staying in school, staying out of the criminal justice system and taking charge of their future.
See how BroSis programming personally affects our members, their parents, supporters, educators and our community.
Through intensive guidance, financial aid and letters of recommendation, we’ve helped BroSis youth pursue a higher education path that’s right for them.